Re: kinetis kwikstik redboot trouble

On 21.06.2012 03:00, tangwei wrote:
> Thanks,Ilija
> but I still have a question.
> Does it means if I want to write a driver for kwikstik,I MUST write codes included in the redboot,then download redboot into kwikstik to see if the driver can work?

No, you don't need Redboot for that. You can produce your own
application. Look at the examples.

> Are there some methods to download the image(include the driver's code) into RAM then debug not the Flash, you know the Flash have limited write cycles.

That's determined by startup type. ROM is for flashing and SRAM is for
the debugger. Regarding flash writing limitations from my experience I
can tell that you will have a long time of development before you damage
the flash by cycling.

Note: Be careful not to flash SRAM startup image. That will put some
"random" value in Flash configuration field (0x400 - 0x40f) that may
lock the device. This lock may be permanent.

Ilija