Re: Re: net/bsd_tcp code conditional on (__NetBSD__ || __OpenBSD__)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012, Grant Edwards wrote:

> Should all bugs for which patches are supplied be filed against the
> 'Patches' component instead of the actual component containing the
> bug?

It seems to me, should, if a reporter provides and a workaround with
some set of patches. Another benefit is CC for the ecos-patches list.
Though, reporters find a right component scrolling the Component list,
select it and stop further scrolling :-) I do not think they do wrong
action (I also did so). There are two memo about Component field, here
http://ecos.sourceware.org/intouch.html and its hint in Bugzilla engine.
However, IMHO, a reporter for NEW bug should be devil to stop on right
component ('Patches and contributions') if he (she) did not know about.

Sergei