Re: Re: RedBoot DHCP failure due to race condition.

On 18.03.2011 11:44, Gary Thomas wrote:

> Feel free to contribute "production quality code" to the
> project, rather than just moaning about it!

Erm I think this is a bit too harsh reply. One can't really
build an expertise and fix all the problems in open source
code one is aware of and still make money doing his job
(unless one is of course paid to commercially support eCos
and doing this for a client). Analysing and reporting them
is still a valid contribution and way better than nothing.

This is actually my biggest gripe about eCos and open source
in general. One can't predict the quality of code one will
be using. Due to the diversity of platforms and number
of people working in various areas some parts are excellent,
some are good but incomplete and some are "not exactly
production quality code".

Since beginning of this year I worked with two platforms.
Both had critical (read crashing) nondeterministic bugs
that took days to isolate, fix (or at least work around)
and report...

--
                                 Stano