NAND Device driver with HW ECC

Hi,

I would like to run YAFFS on MX27ADS board. I understand YAFFS needs
NAND device driver support.

I would like to know if someone has a ported the NAND device driver to
MX27 ADS board. MX27 Nand flash controller has HW ECC unit. I would
like to use it. Can someone please let me know the complexity of this
porting?

My concern is the usage of spare area. HW ECC takes a few bytes from
the middle of the spare area. Does YAFFS / NAND device driver require
the whole spare area? How to configure this?

Thanks,
Harish