Cannot enable access to off-chip flash on at91sam7se32

We are currently developing using eCos V2 on the Atmel at91sam7se32.

The base configuration used was that for the at91sam7s256, using the
Posix template. We have tried to add in JFFS2 support, but are having
difficulty accessing the off-chip flash fitted to our board in that eCos
seems locked to on-chip flash only.

To try and enable this we have merged in files from eCos V3, in the
appropriate dev, fs, io, hal. It does not populate the DEVTAB with the
flash2 or jffs2-2, even though the options are selected and no conflicts
are highlighted.

It looks as though the value for CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE is, currently,
not set properly, which is why it fails. How can this be changed and
what new flash files do we need to create/modify to interface to our
off-chip flash memory and where should they be placed?

Regards

Dave