Re: JFFS2 umount error

PMD Chakravarthy wrote:
Hi Gary,

I am more concerned about the behavior of JFFS2 during sudden power failure.
At the time of power failure some of the files might be open, then I
am expecting that only files that are open will lost not the others.
But I am seeing that other files on the file system are also getting
affected. Is this expected?

No it isn't. What do you mean by "affected"?

BTW, if you're desperate because you are going to reboot anyway, you could close all files by doing something like:

for (i=0; i<OPEN_MAX; i++)
  close(i); /* ignore error */
umount(.......)

Jifl