Re: Linux synthetic target build errors

Hi Aziz

Aziz Bodal wrote:

> I am trying to build a linux synthetic target using the default
> package configuration however I am getting the following build errors.
> I have an Ubuntu 9.10 build.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.

Firstly, your build tree looks confused. You have some references to the
FR-V architecture lying around. I suggest you start by saving your eCos
configuration under a new name within the eCos Configuration Tool (File
-> Save As...).

Secondly, for correct operation of the synthetic target with eCos 3.0
sources on recent Ubuntu installations, you will need to add the
"-fno-stack-protector" compiler switch to the list of switches in the
CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS configuration option (Configuration -> Global build
options -> Global compiler flags). This is no-longer necessary with the
current eCos CVS sources.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer