Re: aboutãredboot 3

> Shu Higashiyama wrote:
> > Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> LPC2468 OEM Board /embeddedartists is used.
>
> >It sounds good. If you cannot use GDB to dig an issue I would try
> >to Build RedBoot with iopeek, iopoke commands and using them just
> >try to read FLASH ID codes, look here, please (find your part's
> >code)

[snip]

> The above-mentioned operated by redboot(without FLASH support) that
> operated normally.  ID of Flash-Rom was able to be read without
> hanging up by using iopeek and iopoke.

Are the read ID codes expected values?

> However, $ ecosconfig --srcdir=${ECOS_REPOSITORY} Add flash hangs
> up.

> If Flash-Rom cannot be recognized, cannot Ecos be loaded?

Fortunately, your target has a lot of RAM and you can build the eCos
tests for RAM startup. Default startup type for your target is ROM
startup, so apply one import (see the below). Then try to upload and
run those tests via serial port using the built RedBoot (without FLASH
support) to continue a learing of eCos:

ecosconfig new <target>
cat >ram_startup.ecm<<EOF
cdl_component CYG_HAL_STARTUP {
    user_value RAM
};
EOF
ecosconfig import ram_startup.ecm
ecosconfig tree
make && make tests

If all passed smoothly, you find all tests under install/tests directory.

[snip]

> I'm sorry English ..poor...

BTW, it exists a translation of the famous eCos book in Japan:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs.html

Hope that helps.

Sergei