RE: What causes interrupted network system calls?

In my experience with Solaris and Linux, you should ALWAYS check for
EINTR and retry the operation.  As I remember, you wouldn't get them
often, but you could (and of course, it was always at the worst possible
moment!).

If I remember right (which may not be the case!).

I don't suppose you have the Stevens book?  What does it say about this?

Rusty

Rusty Carruth | CSE
SSD Storage Products Division | SMART Modular Technologies
Adtron Corporation | 4415 E. Cotton Center Blvd | Phoenix, AZ 85040
Office:  602-735-0300 | Fax: 602-735-0349 | Email:
Rusty.Carruth@smartm.com | www.smartm.com