Re: hg (mercurial) repositories for ecos

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 5:58 AM, Alex Schuilenburg
<alexs@ecoscentric.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As promised, I have converted the ecos CVS repository to mercurial and
> am making them available for public consumption.
>
> You can browse and download them from here:
> ?http://hg-pub.ecoscentric.com/
>
> For example,
> ?hg clone http://hg-pub.ecoscentric.com/ecos
> for the current trunk

[snip]

Hello,

I'm very thankful for a chance to try it via the real network. Thank
you for your
efforts! The cloning was ultra-fast for my location (Belarus). And now
an observing
the logs, annotating, the looks on the differences with local HG copy
take... just a
few eCos ticks ;-) and not the minutes as that was for me with CVS. And at the
end the eCos sources will be browsable for every one and if they will
look on the
tip's time stamp, they will be know that eCos is alive :-)

> Feedback as usual welcome. ?Lets hope the public ecos maintainers don't
> take too long to pick up the hint, go distributed and join the 21st
> century. ?Go-on, just clone and serve - you know you really want to ;-)

I'll hope. I think it would be great to read full 'success story'
about the migrating on
the eCos devel-list.

Thank you,

Sergei