Re: RedBoot's load and fileio

Hi Sergei,

> Does anybody know what was a reason to suppress in RedBoot an ability
> to load files in RAM from a file on the mounted filesystem(s)?

Support for loading from fileio is present, but hiding; I think what you
found was the old code. It really lives in fs/fileio.c, switched on by the
option CYGPKG_REDBOOT_FILEIO.

All you should need to do is add CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO to your config, and
resolve any conflicts, before you build RedBoot. Then, the syntax "load -m
fileio /some/file" is what you're looking for.

It all Just Worked for me when I tried it out a few months ago. (I was using
a YAFFS filesystem and my NAND library, but there's no reason why jffs2
shouldn't work.)

Ross

--
Embedded Software Engineer, eCosCentric Limited.
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge CB5 8UU, UK.