AT91SAM7SE - multiple defintion of CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_PERIOD

Greetings, first post from a long-time lurker on the list.

I am developing software for the at91sam7se512, using an external 22.579 MHz
xtal to generate clocks.

I'm hoping to find the source of a build warning when I make the kernel and
app, and an archive search hasn't uncovered any clues.

After configuring for EXTCLOCK and setting
CYGNUM_HAL_ARM_AT91_CLOCK_OSC_MAIN to 22579000, during the build I get
multiple definitions of CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_PERIOD in the auto-generated
pkgconf/kernel.h and pkgconf/hal_arm_at91sam7.h

pkgconf/kernel.h

/***** proc output start *****/
#include <pkgconf/system.h>
#include <pkgconf/hal.h>
#include <pkgconf/infra.h>
#include CYGBLD_HAL_PLATFORM_H
#ifndef CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_NUMERATOR
# define CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_NUMERATOR     1000000000
# define CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_DENOMINATOR   100
# define CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_PERIOD        9999
#endif

pkgconf/hal_arm_at91sam7.h
#define CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_PERIOD 36749

My application make is necessarily set to treat warnings as errors, so I
would like to fix this warning. I can build a working binary if I comment
out the kernel.h definition each time I generate a tree.

* The first question is, do I need to make other definitions or undefine
something to avoid this, or is this a possible bug?

* Also, this results in a 58799479 Hz clock speed, which is slightly higher
than the rated speed at 1.8v core voltage (55Mhz). It's working so far, but
should I adjust it down with the PLL and use that, or is 55MHz a
conservative limit?

Thanks,

Brian