Re: Serial communications

grahamlab <graham.labdon@cranems.co.uk> writes:

> Thanks for the info Nick
>
> Well I got an old PC with 2 serial ports and loaded Linux.
>
> LOW and BEHOLD it worked

While I appeciate this has all been a PITA for you, I cannot help
feeling relieved that this was not a problem with the STM32 serial
drivers itself :-/

If nothing else, this has provided a useful pointer to why things
might not be working for others in the future. Virtual environments
are becoming more common, but it is clear that they leave something to
be desired in the area of real time behaviour (as one would expect, to
be fair).

--
Nick Garnett                                       eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com       The eCos experts