Re: Re: Modifications to to ADC LPC24xx

Hello Uwe,

I've been looking at the differences between 22xx and 24xx.
Here are some of my initial findings:
- There are no individual data registers for each channel in the LPC22xx/LPC21xx (except for "01" suffix parts)
- There is only one ADC we have to find out from the global data register,
  which multiplexed channel was converted. The ISR and DSR will not need to loop through the
  existing possibilities but use the channel found in the Global Data Register should be used.

- On the LPC22xx we have 8 channels, but the high order channels are multiplexed
  with external memory (chip select, data and block selects), so it can only be used
  if these are not required.

- The PIN Function Select Register (0xE002 C014) is totally different from the LC22xx/LPC21xx
  Only PIN Function Select register 1 and 2 are available (0xC002 0000 and 0xC002 0004)

- The function CYG_HAL_ARM_LPC2XXX_PIN_CFG() must be limited to the the low order
  channels. (by the way, this function is not present in the LPC22xx generic implementation).

I would like to know your opinion about placing #if -s in your code?
Would you rather prefer if your code would be used to create an LPC22xx specific version in a new location?
The downside of moving the code to a new location is the maintenance of the relatively recent code.

Thanks

Peter