Re: SPARC Support

    David> I'm wondering about the current status of the SPARC
    David> architecture in eCos. I'm trying to port to an embedded
    David> SPARC core with 16 register windows. The latest code in CVS
    David> hard codes 8 windows and does not seem to support
    David> increasing beyond that. I found a patch from Gaisler
    David> Research (ftp://gaisler.com/gaisler.com/ecos/src/patches)
    David> that incorporates the changes necessary for a larger window
    David> count. Will this patch be incorporated into CVS before the
    David> 3.0 build? I'm not sure if I should be using this patch on
    David> the latest trunk from eCosCentric or if I should use the
    David> latest version downloadable from Gaisler (v1.0.8 from Feb
    David> 15, 2008).

Apart from a very occasional mention of Jiri Gaisler's LEON work, I
don't recall any mention of anything SPARC+eCos related in recent
years. Hence doing anything about the SPARC support is a very low
priority, and I am not aware of any plans to work on this for 3.0.
I have not looked at the patch you mention so cannot comment on it.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                                   eCos Configuration Architect
eCosCentric Limited    The eCos experts      http://www.ecoscentric.com/