Re: Lack of libsupc++.a on BSD

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 9:46 PM, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 03:40:12PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> BSD/OS X does not provide a static implementation of libsupc++.a. So
>> my attempted port of the synthetic target to BSD is limping badly.
>
> I synthetic port to BSD/OS X sounds interesting. How similar are the
> system calls? Can you just write a i386bsd, or do you have to modify
> the HAL arch as well?

I only cloned the platform folder. It wasn't too hard to make eCos work.

The biggest problem is with the toolchain, really, as the GNU tools
have not been
ported to OS X (or maybe BSD in general, I don't know).

I'll try to post some source to the patches list this week or next, to get some
feedback on the changes. I'll also get started on a copyright assignment with
gnu.org.

Cheers,
Jesper