Re: How to modifiy the hal_platform_setup.h

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 05:37:29PM +0530, Zaahir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to RedBoot.
>
> Don't know is this the right place to post my quries.
>
> Still......
>
> I am using customised iMx27ADS board.
>
> 1>    I want to modifiy   platform_setup.h is this the right place
>
> packages/hal/arm/mx27/ads/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h
>
> 2> I had commented some of the functions in this file , compiled &
> downloaded the elf file to target.
>
>      using  Jtag OPENiceEDS.
>
>    I got the commented functions still there. Than I compiled the
> complete blank file with same name.
>
> Checked through Jtag in Debug view window got same functions getting
> executed (mentioned below  with address)
>
> A7F00108                     reset_vector
> .
> .
> A7F00118                     init_aipi_start
> .
> .
> A7F00160                     init_max_start
> .
> .
> A7F0018C                     init_drive_str
> .
> .
> A7F001B0                     init_cs4_start
>

> All this funtions in the above address came from ../../platform_setup.h
> file or else where?
> How to modify platform_setup.h file?

This is a known problem. platform_setup.h gets pulled into the
vectors.S file. However this is a special file. The code in this file
has to be at the beginning of the image. All the other code gets put
into a library and is then linked to the image. The header file
dependency checking works OK for the library, but not for
vectors.S. So your vectors.s was not recompiled.

rm insall/lib/vectors*

and then rebuild.

    Andrew