Re: building Multi-ICE gdb server

On 2008-10-10, Roman Mashak <romez777@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Jonathan
>
> 2008/10/9 Jonathan Larmour <jifl@ecoscentric.com>:
>>> - latest cygwin
>>> - cygwin's gcc-3.4.4
>>> - gdb-5.1.1
>>> - RDI 1.5.1 distribution from ARM
>>> - Multi-ICE gdb server sources taken from ecos.sourceware.org
>>
>> The prebuilt binary bits of the multi-ice server are probably too old
>> compared to your cygwin. You'll probably need to find an older cygwin.
>
> Hm... Are there any tar-balls with prebuilt multi-ice GDB server out
> there, so I don't need to tolerate this hassle with rebuilding over
> and over? Could you recommend some? Googling didn't help though.

For $50, you can buy a USB-JTAG interface that is supported by
openOCD.  It's probably not worth beating your head against a
wall trying to get some ancient bit of crud from ARM Inc. to
run.  For $70, you can get one that also supplies a serial port
and power to the target:

  http://www.olimex.com/dev/arm-usb-ocd.html
  http://www.olimex.com/dev/arm-usb-tiny.html
  http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?c=26

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Hand me a pair of
                                  at               leather pants and a CASIO