Re: Re: eCos Configuration Tool experimental build for GTK+ 2.x on Linux

John Dallaway wrote:
> Hi Frank
>
> Frank Pagliughi wrote:
>
> > I tried it quickly on Fedora 6 and Fedora 8. It runs and "looks" good on
> > both, and especially seems to solve the font problems that I was having
> > with Fedora 8 when using the old version. Unfortunately,  the text and
> > list entry widgets in the configuration window don't seem to be working
> > properly. When an entry - like selecting a serial port baud rate - is
> > clicked, it seems to come up in a slightly different screen position
> > (offset vertically) than it should, and though it seems to accept the
> > proper input, after accepting the value, the whole configuration view
> > seems to lose the mouse. I'm unable to click on other items.
> >
> > It doesn't seem to happen with check boxes or spin controls.
>
> I have generated a new experimental build (configtool-081009) against
> wxGTK 2.8.8. The problem you report is not seen in this new build. You
> can download it via the eCosCentric DevZone page:
>
>   http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml
>
> Now I need to look at what has changed in wxGTK 2.8.9...

Thank you. It seems the problem went away (tested on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS).
Oh, if the central splitted view with wx TreeCtrl can be scrollable by a
wheel. It seems that splitter eats all events from wheel. The same wx
TreeCtrl scrolls itself by the wheel. Reference is Build Options dialog
(F10-b-o).

I wonder: Is an info about package version good place for the main
configuration widget? IMHO the splitter messes up main widget. Is it
possible to move that info from the right column in a right place?  If
main configure TreeCtrl will become a properly scrolled view, the wxGTK
configtool will get 5 cows even from CLI guys :-)

Yet another 2 cents: F10-b (build menu) has 2 same shortcuts: ~Tests,
~Templates.

All the best, Thank you.

Sergei