Re: GCC 4.3.2 toolchains for arm, cortex, mips, powerpc

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Sergei Gavrikov <sg@belvok.com> wrote:
> Øyvind Harboe wrote:
>> I've been toying around with building GCC toolchains(as one does...).
>>
>> They are ready for testing if anyone is interested:
>>
>> http://mail.zylin.com/pipermail/zylin-discuss_zylin.com/2008-September/000557.html
>>
>> Feedback welcome!
>
> Øyvind, thank you for your contribution. Before to start download I read
> a point on the http://www.zylin.com/gccbinary.html page:
>
>  The binaries contain the authoritative source of what build options
>  that were used.

Yes. Run gcc -v.

As in "authortative" meaning that if I wrote something on the web
page, the actual options used *could* be different. Cycle times
to do these sort of builds are *long* so it is something I tinker
with occasionally.

> Does it mean what everyone can find all build options (and patches if
> any one were applied) inside the bloat archives to replicate your builds
> from GNU sources? Is there a guide how to build the stuff in the
> archives? Like as an official eCos guide:
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/build-toolchain.html

Nope. I'm still learning here... I may write up some more once I get
better hang of this whole building GCC thing... The link above is
one of the more useful links that I found though.

> If it does mean, can you please to public 'the authoritative source'? in
> text/html form on your web? Thank you.

You can download them from the GCC mirrors, why would you want
them from Zylin?

Don't you know where the GCC mirrors are?

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html