Renaiming disk devices....

Hi Folks

A while back Frank Pagliughi provided a patch for the IDE driver which
amongst other things renamed the disk drives. The change would be

/dev/hda -> /dev/disk0
/dev/hdb -> /dev/disk1
etc

This makes the IDE driver consistent with the FATFS packages which
also uses the same naming convention. The "Elatec v850 development
board disk driver" also uses this naming scheme. However the MMC disk,
synthetic disk and fileio package documentation use the /dev/hd
scheme.

Overall we are not consistent. We could:

1) leave it all as it is.
2) make it consistent, changing to:
   a) /dev/hd?
   or
   b) /dev/disk?

Changing will probably lead to some short term breakage as with any
renaming of objects, but in the long term consistency is always good.

I would suggest making the change to /dev/disk everywhere, but what do
others think?

Thanks
       Andrew