Re: RedBoot to display a splash screen

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the reply. How exactly does eCos achieve the output to the VGA? It
should have some basic display driver doesn't it? I'm asking because I think
to propose another solution to the client in which he can alter the Tux logo
displayed by Linux into his own splash screen. It is not very hard. Trying to
add splash screen to Redboot would be a huge work (do you agree?) and this
screen would be quickly replaced after a second or two by the Linux logo
during the boot.

Best regards,
Panayot Daskalov

--