Re: Problems building configtool for Cygwin (again)

On 2008-05-01, David Fernandez <david.fernandez.work@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I thought this thing was stable, specially after what was
> mentioned in the ecoscentric page about the cygwin bug
> fixed...

In my experience, nothing running on top of Cygwin is stable.
IMO, it's a major engineering triumph (or perhaps a minor
miracle) that Cygwin works as well as it does. Expecting
stability for anything complex is probably futile.

> I even was able to build it some time ago!... I guess either
> this get broken quite easily

That's a property of Windows/Cygwin

> or there is something more fundamental I'm doing wrong.

Aside from trying to run Unix apps on Windows? ;)

If you want stability, the sure bet is using ecosconfig instead
of configtool and Linux instead of Windows.  Not the answer you
wanted, but...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Loni Anderson's hair
                                  at               should be LEGALIZED!!