Software interrupt

Hi!

I'm trying to write on the VGA buffer of a PC at the 0xa0000 address on graphical mode (and not text).

I wrote a C program using interruption in ASM, trying to switch into graphical mode :

asm volatile ( " movl $0x0013,%eax; int $0x10; " )

But apparently, it doesn't work.
 I think it's because the int mnemonic hasn't any effect.

Do you know how to use software interrupt under eCos (with or without the HAL)?

Or do you know another way to write something on a screen by writing on the video buffer?
I've managed to print some characters by writing directly in the text buffer at the 0xb8000 address, but it doesn't work for the video buffer.

In summary, is there another way to emit software interruption ?

Thank you for your help.
Regards.
Antoine AMIRAULT