Re: enabling/disabling options

    <snip>
    Luqman> I have another flash chip (CYGHWR_DEVS_FLASH_S29WS256N) in
    Luqman> my board and don't like the idea that someone chooses the
    Luqman> wrong flash chip instead of or additionally to the correct
    Luqman> one and thus creates a non-working build.
    <snip>

    Luqman> If anyone has a better idea how it is inteded in eCos, I
    Luqman> would love to hear.

You may want to look at the V2 flash branch. The V2 AMD flash driver
supports CFI, so if you need to support boards which may come with
several different types of flash then CFI will give you run-time
detection of the actual hardware instead of static configuration of a
single type of flash.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                                   eCos Configuration Architect
eCosCentric Limited    The eCos experts      http://www.ecoscentric.com/