Is using the newlib optimised routines in side the Dsr (suppose if the dsr calls for every 10ms space)

Dear All,

       I just want to know that is there any problem of using the
newlib optimised C library routines in side the Dsr (suppose if the
Dsr calls for every 10ms space).

      I am using xscale (ixp425) tool chain, and newlib is part of the
tool chain. So obviously this piece of code might have been used when
i call memset inside my application code of eCos

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/newlib/libc/machine/xscale/memset.c?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

     What could be the possible difference if i use the direct coding
the routine of

void *
memset(void *sp1, int c, size_t n)
{