AT91SAM7SE with external SDRAM

Dear all,
we are trying to setup ECOS in order to use an SDRAM connected on the
external bus of an AT91SAM7SE. We had a look at the init process of ECOS and
we have some difficulties to understand when software is supposed to
configure SDRAM controller, and so when it is supposed to switch from
internal SRAM to external SDRAM.
Massa chapter HAL startup explains that a storage area is reserved for
insterrupt stack?; should it be in SDRAM?at that point?? When does ECOS
start using the heap??
The only place where we find SDRAM address/size is in
hal/arm/at91/at91sam7s/current/include/pkgconf/mlt_arm_at91sam7s256_rom.h /
mlt_arm_at91sam7s256_rom.ldi. How are they generated??

JC