Re: Project ideas for graduate course

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 01:04:43PM +0530, Rohit wrote:
> Thanks a lot  for your suggestion. I would go through what you have
> suggested and let you guys know what i select out of these(or
> something different). More suggestions are still welcome though.

How much effort do you think you can give to the project?

RPC and NFS will be a lot of work, i guess too much work.
A syslog client seems a lot more reasonable.

Another idea would be to look at adding raw sockets to the TCP/IP
stack and then maybe BPF/libpcap. Using RAW sockets is something that
comes up every so often. The code was taken out of the stack when it
was ported to eCos. I don't think it will be too hard to put it back
in again and write some test programs, etc.

   Andrew