Re: question on eCos mutex behavior

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 05:08:30PM -0400, David Hill wrote:
> Thank you very much, Andrew.  Cyg_thread_yield() gives me a good
> workaround.
>
> Do any of the eCos synchronization primitives provide FIFO ordering?

When CYGIMP_KERNEL_SCHED_SORTED_QUEUES is enabled all thread queuing
when blocking is FIFO. However, as you have seen, this does not
actually mean the head of the queue gets the mutex next time. It just
controls which thread gets made runnable.

The best rule of thumb i can give is, don't expect equal priority
threads to be fare to each other.

        Andrew