Re: Problem with Hello world

On 2007-04-23, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:

>> Qemu will emulate an ARM.  It will emulate either an Arm
>> Integrator/CP or an ARM Versatile baseboard.  Both emulations
>> include serial ports, Ethernet, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, and LCD
>> controllers.
>>
>> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-doc.html#SEC53
>
> Upps, sorry. My error. I was thinking of that old dos extender which
> has a similar name..., not that i can remember its exact name, now
> that i think about it.

Dosemu?  http://dosemu.sourceforge.net/

It did 16-bit DOS emulation as it ran in virtual 8086 mode (it
emulated some common protected mode DOS extensions). All in
all, it was a pretty cool hack.  I used it for years to run the
DOS version of the software to control a 68HC11 in-circuit
emulator.

I've wondered if the ARM Integrator HAL would run on the Qemu
Integrator.  The Qemu Integrator platform is for the
Integrator/CP board (an ARM926E or ARM1026E).

Unfortunately the eCos page doesn't say which board it supports
(there are about a half-dozen different "Integrator" boards). I
haven't found anything in the HAL sources, cdl, or Changelog
that specifies which board it's for.  Does anybody know what
board(s) the "Integrator" HAL supports?

Some concrete info on what board a HAL is for (e.g. an actual
part or model number) sure would be a good thing to put into
the CDL...  ;)

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! Did I do an INCORRECT
                                  at               THING??