Re: Redboot on AT91M55800A

Please keep your replies on the list so that all may benefit.
Private email support is available only with a support contract.

collaone@gnbts.units.it wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply.

Scrive Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>:

collaone@gnbts.units.it wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to port eCos on an evaulation board with AT91M55800A device.
I've compiled the only Redboot environment, but it doesn't work.
Using leds, I've modified the hardware setup to meet the board's
characteristics, and now it hung on cyg_hal_invoke_constructors.
If I jump over this function, it enter in a loop in the function
cyg_start.
I need help to solve this problem.
Do you have JTAG with debugging capability?  If so, that's the
best way to attack new board ports.

Yes, I've The Multi-ice, but I can't download an image in flash with it. There is a simple bootloader installed in flash, it help me to download the Redboot image, and to start it.

Lacking that, I'd start by getting the serial console working.
This is normally pretty easy (most ports are about the same
with only a few details that change).  The serial debug port
gets initialized very early on - typically in the variant/platform
init code.  Once it's working, you can use diag_printf() calls
to work your way through the remaining issues.

I've tried also to use diag_printf() calls, but with no success, maybe the
serial port isn't well configured.

I'd work on this first or figure out how to use the JTAG once you have it in FLASH (I presume that's what your simple loader can do).