Re: Preemption in Bitmap Scheduler

On 2007-03-21, Potdar Smita <sspotdar@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What about preemption?

It works just fine.

> Once a thread begins executing, does it run to completion or
> can it be preempted by a higher priority thread?

The latter.

> Does eCos handle threads created after the system starts
> working?

Of course.  There's no way to create a thread before the system
starts working.  I have worked with RTOSes where threads could
be declared statically, but eCos doesn't work that way: all
threads are created dynamically.

> If yes, how is this done?

you call cyg_thread_create().

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  ... I see TOILET
                                  at               SEATS...