Preliminary questions on eCOS

Hello,

I am interested in knowing more about eCOS. Our target CPU is a NEC
V53A. This is an Intel x86 compatible with limited RAM (1Mbytes) and
limited PROM (56k available for the OS). This is a 16-bit processor,
however it runs in 8-bit data bus as a mean to save power.

My first questions are:
- In minimal mode (eCOS kernel only)
	- What is the PROM footprint?
	- What is the RAM footprint? I understand this is dependent on
the number of threads running, message queues, dynamic memory
allocation. Let say we want to run 3 tasks, using 4 message queues each.

Same questions with File System Support.

Our processor was benchmarked at 1MIPS (Sorry I do not have any details
on the benchmark procedure, I do not know if this is Wheatstone,
Dhrystone or other).  How much overhead per context switch can we
expect?

Thanks,
Jean-Sebastien