Adding to main timer interrupt

Is there any standard way to add code to the main clock DSR, at the same
level as its call to cyg_counter_tick (wherever that might be)? If there's
no standard mechanism, what would be the least intrusive place to hack the
existing code to do this, hopefully not in the HAL somewhere?

What I need to do is add some code that calls cyg_counter_tick on a second
clock, but at some rate which is a fraction of the fixed main clock rate, in
order to implement a variable-rate clock. Also, I have certain other
hardware processes that look like they'd be most efficiently dealt with by
inserting a very small amount of polling code in the clock interrupt, rather
than relying upon yet another hardware interrupt.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco