Re:IXP425 UART Problem

> Hi,
>
> We are running redboot on IXP 425 platform. The IXP425 has a known bug
> that when the UART break indicator (fourth bit of LSR) is de-asserted,
> it is possible for the UART to detect a start bit and receive an
> incorrect 0xFF byte. And this bug is not fixed.
>
> So when this incorrect 0xFF byte received the bootloader goes in
> blocking read mon_read_char() and the bootloader gets stuck up there.
>
> Does anybody have any workaround for this?

>You could try fixing it in the driver: after detecting a break throw
>away any 0xFF bytes received.

>It may also be worthwhile working out why you are getting breaks in
>the first place.

>--
>Nick Garnett

Hi,
	The bug is when the UART break indicator (fourth bit of LSR) is
de-asserted (made zero),it is possible for the UART to detect a start
bit and receive an incorrect 0xFF byte.
	There is no problem when the break indicator is one. The problem
could when the UART break indicator(fourth bit of LSR)is zero.The Break
indicator is reset when the processor reads the Line Status
Register(LSR).

Regards
Jamal