Time questions

Hi,

I have been asked to correct an issue in our code. The time returned by the function:

   time( time_t* )

returns the right value, when the system has been set using SNTP. The
issue is that a call to cyg_current_time() is made in part of our code, since a requirement had been made to have the time in
milliseconds. From what I can tell this function only returns the
time since the system booted and not the date as set by SNTP, which
seems to be maintained by the wallclock code? Is this correct?

If my observation is right is there a suitable alternative call
that would allow to have calendar date/time in milliseconds?

Andre