Re: Bitmap Scheduler implementation in hardware

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

> I plan to replace the existing software version of the bitmap
> scheduler within eCos with a corresponding harware version.

Let me be the first to say

Uh... what??

> The hardware-based scheduler would need to communicate with
> the rest of the eCos RTOS, which would still be in software.
> Can anyone provide me with some suggestions or ideas about
> feasibility of this project? Any response will be greatly
> appreciated.

Off the top of my head, it sounds both difficult and of
doubtful benefit.

You're going to gen up some logic that allows you to write all
of the task control structures to it and it produces a pointer
to the one that should be runing?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  It's today's SPECIAL!
                                  at