Re: inetd "echo" protocol

Jürgen Lambrecht wrote:
Hello,

I want to use the inetd "echo" protocol with both UDP and TCP.
Is this part of freeBSD ported to ecos? (I only find this old mail: http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/1999-10/msg00050.html)
If yes, how do I start this (open TCP and UDP sockets that listen to port 7)?

The quoted message predates all network stacks that are in eCos, so it doesn't help much at all.

The only way to get these services, which are *not* part of the
basic stack, would be to add them to your application.  In Linux
for example, they are provided by either 'inetd' or 'xinetd' (as
your question implies).  Look at that code and add similar function
to yours.