Re: CDL question

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

>> I've read through the CDL sections of the component developer's
>> guide, but I can't figure out what the command is to set a data
>> flavored option to an expression involving it's default value
>> or it's current value.

>> However, I can't figure out what the TCL expression is for "the
>> current value of option CYG_WHATEVER".  I thought perhaps something like
>>
>>    option CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS {user_value "$CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS -DFooBar"}
>>
>> But that doesn't work.  I'm sure it's something obvious, but
>> I've never been able to grok TCL no matter how hard I try...
>
> This method will not work. tcl has no access to CDL
> variables. $CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS means nothing to tcl.

I've decided I'm attacking this from the wrong direction.  What
I really ought to do is just add a separate CDL option and
change the C code to check for that option instead of for
"FooBar".

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Four thousand
                                  at               different MAGNATES, MOGULS