Re: Building eCos hello world

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:
> On 7/28/06, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:
>> In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:
>>
>> > Okay, I finally figured it out.  I wasn't aware of what
>> > virtual vectors are used for.  I guess ecos applications makes
>> > use of services provided by redboot.
>>
>> They can, if you configure them that way.
>
> May I be further enlightened by your wisdom by telling me where this
> configuration is, the default of which is to use services provided by
> RedBoot.

Actually, I wasn't aware that was the default.  None of my apps
use RedBoot services, and I don't remember ever having to
change anything, but I may have just picked the right defaults
when I created the HAL for my target platform.

Browsing through the ecos.ecc file, here are few likely
settings:

turn off CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INHERIT_CONSOLE
turn on  CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CLAIM_COMMS
turn on  CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_INIT_WHOLE_TABLE
turn on  CYGSEM_HAL_VIRTUAL_VECTOR_CLAIM_DEFAULT

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm pretending that
                                  at               we're all watching PHIL