Re: devfs cyg_io_flash

I realized after sending the email, however, I should be able to do an open("/dev/flash1",O_WRONLY); and use the standard file io operation on the flash? I am referring to Chapter 29 of the ecos ref manual

Moussa

Chapter 29. FLASH I/O devices

*Table of Contents*
Overview and CDL Configuration <http://ecoscentric.com/ecospro/doc/html/ref/ecos-flash-iodevice.html#ECOS-FLASH-IODEVICE-OVERVIEW-CONFIG>
Using FLASH I/O devices <http://ecoscentric.com/ecospro/doc/html/ref/ecos-flash-iodevice-usage.html>

It can be useful to be able to access FLASH devices using the generic I/O infrastructure found in |CYGPKG_IO|, and the generic FLASH layer provides an optional ability to do so. This allows the use of functions like |cyg_io_lookup()|, |cyg_io_read()|, |cyg_io_write()| etc.

Additionally it means that, courtesy of the “devfs” pseudo-filesystem in the file I/O layer (|CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO|), functions like |open()|, |read()|, |write()| etc. can even be used directly on the FLASH devices.

Nick Garnett wrote:
"Moussa A. Ba" <mba@embedded-zone.com> writes:

I am able to successfully read and write from y ATMEL dataflash using
cyg_io_read cyg_io_program.... I am attempting to use the devfs from
CYGPKG_IO_FILEIO but I am encountering some difficulty.  I have
selected the option to provide a block device from the flash driver
such that my device is hat /dev/flash1
In my test code I do the following

mount("/dev/flash1","/","devfs");
createfile("/foo",200);
checkfile("/foo");

When I run this I get :

<INFO>: create file /foo size 200
<INFO>: open() returned -1 No such entity
<INFO>: write() returned -1 Bad file handle
<INFO>: write() returned -1 Bad file handle

I have not setup the MTAB entries statically as I assume that mount
would take care of it dynamically, am I missing something?

devfs is no a proper filesystem, it merely maps device IO operations onto the standard file IO operations. It is mounted by default on /dev, it should not be mounted anywhere else.

For flash, the only filesystem supported is JFF2.