Re: configure and cross compilation

Jacek Poplawski wrote:
I am trying to compile CVS version of ecos/RedBoot.

How to specify which toolchain configure should use?
I tried that way:

../ecos/configure --target=xscale-elf

But used compiler name is still "gcc", not "xscale-elf-gcc".
Should I make symbolic links?

Could you point me to the documentation describing how to compile current
version of RedBoot?

This is not how you build an eCos application [RedBoot is just such an eCos application]

The basic steps are:
  0.1 Set up your [cross-development] tool chain
  0.2 Set up 'ecosconfig' and/or 'configtool'
      These steps need to be executed only once.  More information can be
      found at: http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html
  0.3 Download the latest eCos sources
      It's recommended to download eCos from CVS, rather than the older 2.0
      release.
  1.0 Create the basic eCos configuration.  This involves
      a) selecting a target and environment template
      b) optionally modifying the eCos configuration
      c) generate a build tree
  2.0 Build your application, using make

For example, to build eCos for the iq80321 (ARM XScale board)
  % mkdir ecos_iq80321
  % cd ecos_iq80321
  % ecosconfig new iq80321 redboot
  % ecosconfig tree