Re: Enabling flash memory support (custom board)

David Ho wrote:
Hi,

I am attempting to enable AMD/Spansion flash support for redboot but
when I examined ecos.ecc, it is not active.

# AMD AM29XXXXX FLASH memory support
# FLASH memory device support for AMD AM29XXXXX
#
cdl_package CYGPKG_DEVS_FLASH_AMD_AM29XXXXX {
   # Packages cannot be added or removed, nor can their version be changed,
   # simply by editing their value. Instead the appropriate configuration
   # should be used to perform these actions.

   # This option is not active
   # ActiveIf constraint: CYGPKG_IO_FLASH
   #     CYGPKG_IO_FLASH == current
   #   --> 1
   # ActiveIf constraint: CYGINT_DEVS_FLASH_AMD_AM29XXXXX_REQUIRED
   #     CYGINT_DEVS_FLASH_AMD_AM29XXXXX_REQUIRED (unknown) == 0
   #   --> 0
};

Looking around, CYGINT_DEVS_FLASH_AMD_AM29XXXXX_REQUIRED is not set, I suppose I should not set this manually and let the inference engine figure it out.

The question becomes, how do I do that?

I have included in my ROM configuration IO_FLASH and DEV_FLASH_AMD,
enabled FIS and FCONFIG.

Is there anything I missed?

Your platform has to provide the implementation details for the FLASH driver. Look around at how other platforms do it, e.g. the A&M Adder uses this driver.