Need Help--- For Porting RedBoot

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Subodh Kotkar <subodh.kotkar@gmail.com>
Date: Jun 27, 2006 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Need Help--- For Porting RedBoot
To: "bob.koninckx@o-3s.com" <bob.koninckx@o-3s.com>,
ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org

Thxs Dear... I got ur message..

But i am not getting, How it will take input from GDB...?
It is required to give mannually....?  and what kind of input?
waiting  for reply...
Cheers!!!

On 6/27/06, bob.koninckx@o-3s.com < bob.koninckx@o-3s.com> wrote:

>-----Original Message----- >From: Subodh Kotkar [mailto: subodh.kotkar@gmail.com] >Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2006 04:54 AM >To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org >Subject: [ECOS] Need Help--- For Porting RedBoot > >Hi, > >I am porting Redboot on intel PXA250. I have already ported ecos on same. >but it is giving problem during porting redboot, not even prompt of >redboot comes after building and loading bin file. I used hyper >terminal, and when i get connected it gives me garbage data such as >$T0a0f:30ca0050;0d:8ccd0000;#07 repeatedly when i press any key........ >what is the reason??

It is not garbage data, it is GDB-stubs. Most probably, something goes wrong during startup, before reaching the redboot prompt, a processor exception is raised and caught by GDB-stubs which are now waiting for input from GDB.

If you get this far, a whole lot of things are already working: your serial communication seems ok, interrupts / exceptions are dealt with properly, your memory map most probably is ok.

Hth,

Bob