Re: R?f. : Re: Question on Posix Select function

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 09:21:40AM +0200, e.coullien@faiveley.com wrote:

> 1) Our Instrument package stores Timebase, Events code, thread and 2 arguments
> and compress each frame and store the frame in a buffer, then when the buffer
> reach 1500 oct, it sends the buffer on Ethernet. This allow to reduce the number
> of instrument event.

So you are using the existing instrementation package to collect the
events and you have added code to output it to the network.

> We don't use the Redboot network stack because the PC software need to control
> the instrument package on the board in real time.
> For exemple, during the run, we can start or stop the trace, change events
> filter or we can ask the name and priority of each thread.

There is nothing there that the RedBoot network stack cannot do. It
allows real time debugging.

The advantage of using the RedBoot stack would be you don't have to
worry about it producing events in your log.

      Andrew