To: "Tom Smithkowski" <tom.smithkowski@gmail.com>
Cc: <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 4:16 PM
Subject: [ECOS] Re: Problem with Config Tool on Cygwin

Tom Smithkowski wrote:

This looks similar to the issue discussed at:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2006-q2/msg00065.html

As a workaround, it is currently possible to revert to version 1.5.18-1
of the "cygwin" package using the Cygwin Net Release Setup Program.

Since the probable cause of this issue has been identified and patched,
I will wait for a new release of the Cygwin DLL before investigating any
further.

Thank you for investigating this issue. Just to make sure I am understanding correctly, your conclusion is that this is due to a cygwin bug, and that you would expect that to be fixed in a future release. Therefore, no changes to configtool are required at this time.

That is my hypothesis, yes.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited