Re: Specific location for kernel_mutex.o : linker file issue. Need help !

This is not really the same issue, as I want to locate eCos's code globally
whithout knowing individally
which functions to locate in my iram region. And I don't want to edit
kernel's code with __attributes__ directives before each
functions. I'm not even sure it will work for a function. It will be more
convenient for me to only modify the linker script. My aim is to
make several tests by filling my 16k fast ram chunk with different kernel's
component and measure the benefit.
I think it is possible to do this only using linker scripts. The problem is
that the linker seems unable to extract an object file from the archive to
locate its .text sections in a specific location, although it can do this
with an object file which is not in an archive. I don't see why it can't.
Are there linking limitations as soon as an object file is archived in a
library ?
Regards,
Guillaume

             Andrew Lunn
             <andrew@lunn.ch>
             17/05/2006 10:37          Guillaume Aymard
                                       <gaymard@scmmicro.fr>
                                                                        cc
                                       ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ECOS] Specific location for

On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:14:09AM +0200, Guillaume Aymard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My problem is simple. I want to locate the.text section of the
> kernel_mutex.o object (archived in libtarget.a)ina special ram location
> which I call "iram".
> This is a 16kbytes fast ram region, which I want to use as much as
> possible.
> I'vealready located my interrupt stack there, and I want to put in the
> mostused code too. I will start with kernel_mutex, and fill it later
> withother objects. The rest of the code and data will be located in
> aregular (slower) sdram.
> I though I could do this in a blink of an eye by patching targed.ld this
> way (see the ".iram" line)

This is the same question as asked today in the thread:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2006-05/msg00126.html

And the same answer applies.

    Andrew