FILE I/O for eCos PowerPC Simulator

Hi

We are trying to run some benchmarks (MediaBench, MiBench) on the eCos PowerPC simulator with no success. Our first attempt was to run the hello world program that worked fine. So apparently there is no problem with I/O functions. But, the benchmarks we are trying to run use File I/O functions like fopen, putc, fprintf. We have build a eCos tree with all POSIX functions and have compiled the benchmark using the PowerPC compiler for eCos wich is available at eCos.org. When running the program it stops at the File I/O functions. Is there a problem using File I/O functions at all or just when using simulators or else are we doing something wrong?

Luis Fernando Friedrich
Federal University of Santa Catarina
Computer Science Department
Brazil