Re: USB MSD stack

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 09:02:28AM -0400, Doyle, Patrick wrote:
> Hi troops!
> I'm about to write a very simple MSD (Mass Storage Device) stack for our
> eCos application.  From what I've seen so far (based on about 15 minutes of
> investigation), it would appear that MSD is fairly simple -- use bulk
> transfers to exchange command and data packets between the host and the
> device.

Arn't these commands actually SCSI commands? And i assume these
commands are for read block/write block. How are you thinking about
mapping this onto a disk in eCos? How do you think you will solve the
concurency problems? I guess you will have FATFS running locally on
eCos and your host also using FAT, both accessing the same block
storage device.

If you fancy going down the closed source, commercial path,
eCosCentric have the Jungo USB protocol stack. I expect this includes
MSD.

I think i also remember a press release from ATMEL about a free MSD
implementation, but i don't remember the details.

      Andrew