eliminating redboot by including 'platform_setup' in default image?

Friends,

Am trying to eliminate redboot in my BSP for ixp425.
Plan to include the minimal boot code(PLATFORM_SETUP)
into my vector.S for this purpose.

Now, including all of the _platform_setup1 is creating
problems as the code for building 'mmu tables' into
ram(0x4000 to 0x8000) is overwriting my image and hence
my execution gets aborted.
Tried reloacting my image by redefining start location
in target.ld as 0x10000 instead of 0x0000. But this did
not change anything. Am still seeing the aborts.

Couple of questions...
1.Now, if the 'default' image building thru configtool
generates target.ld with ram start as 0x0000, doesn't
it mean run time the default image does not need the
above mentioned 'mmu tables' and 'section mapping'?.
2.But then when do we set the sp set to proper value?.

Regards,
Vijay